<b>Tip of the Week</b>
Last Week\'s Tip
Tips & Tricks Archive
provided by f-source.com. All Rights Reserved
2009 Tip Archive
Tip of the Week Archive 2009
- Printing a PDF file using the AutoCAD supplied print driver.
- Re-ordering layout tabs made easy.
- Minimizing the Ribbon for more drawing window room.
- Using the new Quick View Drawings tool.
- Opening recently used files.
- Switching between drawings with 2009.
- Hiding the Model and Layout tabs.
- QNEW command uses the new
- Show large preview icons for the recent files list.
- Changing the drawing tools icons to text.
- How to minimize the Filters area of the Layer palette.
- Where to find the
2009 tools and utilities.
- How to load the
- Where to find the menus in
- Using Workspaces.
- Creating and saving profiles.
How to find the correct layer name to use for your needs.
Hatching around text.
How to redefine an existing block definition with another file.
Setting a default printer for all new layout tabs.
Keyboard shortcut for finding the right toolbar.
Grip pop-up list options.
Applying a base point when using grips.
How to determine the square footage of a hatch pattern.
Toggling the background of the drawing window between black and white.
Redefining blocks that can't be exploded into ones that can.
- How to make rectangles with a fixed width for the polyline.
- Shortcuts for cycling through your layout tabs.
- Changing the coordinate readout quickly.
- Using the temporary ORTHO mode.
- Recovering from a application or system crash.
- How to use the ALIGN command
- A quick way to insert an Excel spreadsheet into a drawing.
- Tips on viewport visibility when clipped.
- How to see drawing previews in file selection dialogue boxes.
- Suppressing the dynamic input mode.
- How to avoid opening a blank drawing with every session of
- Cleaning up excessive amounts of recent file shortcuts.
- Managing the backup .BAK files.
- How to use the Layout Wizard to create great looking page layouts.
- Add a temporary visual placeholder for presentations in any drawing.
- How to export your file to other graphic file types such as, BMP, TIFF, or TGA.
- Methods for switching between open drawings.
- Setting how points are displayed when using the DIVIDE and MEASURE commands.
- How to print multiple tabs at once.
- Adding images to your drawing.
- How to quickly toggle your model tab background color.
- How to create multiple viewports that are the same size in a layout tab.
- What to do when blocks don't insert at the correct size.
- How to restore the dialogue box for selecting files.
- How to quickly find the area of a layout viewport in Modelspace.
Tips on starting new drawings easily with your Qnew template.
Return to the
Main Tip's & Tricks Archive
© Copyright 2013 Neosys
Corporation All rights reserved.